Mucuna, the genus that bears nearly 100 species of plants that are characterized by climbing vines and shrubs. They are pod bearers and tropical legumes and are commonly known as velvet bean or cowitch. It is an annual climbing shrub that can reach upto 15mts. It is used in many fields like agriculture, horticulture and natural medicine.Levodopa Extract
Levodopa extract is prepared from the seeds of the plant. Levodopa shortly called as L-Dopa is a neutral amino acid that is found in plants and animals. Major chemical constitutes are L-Dopa, mucunadine, mucunain, mucunine, phenylalanine, prurienidine, prurienine, amino acids, alkaloids, lecithin and tannins.It is sometimes used as a coffee replacement due to its main component levodopa. Therapeutic Properties
Therapeutic Properties of the extracts are listed as below namely : thermogenic stimulant, stimulant, purgative, , diuretic, febrifuge, astringent, laxative, anthelmenthic and alexipharmic tonic. Product Details
- Botanical Name: Mucuna pruriens, Mucuna macrocarpa.
- Family Name: Fabaceae
- Common Names: Velvet Bean
- Part Used: Beans, Pods
- Habitat: Woodlands of tropical areas
- Product Offered: Beans, Extract
- Uses: urinary tract, neurological and menstruation disorders, constipation, edema, fevers, tuberculosis, ulcers, Parkinson's disease and helminthiases like elephantiasis.